Thursday, September 6, 2012

Day ten / День десятый


Прошел 34.05 км за 7 часов.
Total time 7 hours. Total distance 34.05 km.

I woke up today enough early - before 6AM. Read my early email, ate small breakfast and left albergue about 7. Very unusual for me :-).

Burgos enough big city. It took me about hour and a half to get out of it.

For tonight I have stopped on village which looks on map enough big with lot of hostels, bars ( I count five ) and restorants. But in whole village thee is no wifi or even paid Internet. And my phone getting signal only in particular location - village located on the bottom of the lower place surrounded by big hills. Temperature on the day was close to 26-28C. Sunny. Today was simple day.

Polish man Leshek found his way to here as well and end up in bed beside my. Yesterday we had good conversation. He spoke polish. I was trying too, but in half it was English. But I still understood polish well, but need practice in polish to speak. The people right - if you not use, you loose.

Today I'll try to describe my ( and most pilgrims ) routine. People wake up in the morning in different time - from 5:30(very rarely) to 7 am. As you probably remember I woke up one day in 7-40am :-). Sometimes happened. After morning hygiene procedures people packing their staff and go. In most cases in that time all bar close yet. Some people are cooking if place has kitchen, some people getting snaks. I prefere to walk hour or so to first open bar. They usually open from 8-9 am and provide coffee and some special pilgrims snack. After short stop, I'm continue to walk on my pace. I'll probably will stop another time around 11 if any bar will be on my way to get another coffee with milk ( btw, very good ) and rest 7-10 minutes with my boots off. I have noticed that after less than 10 minutes rest I feel well and can walk another couple of hours. If I sit 15 minutes or more - my laziness wake up and trying to keep me there. The best time to relax 8 minutes found by experiments. And I'm going, going, going... Until I'll get the point where I decide to stay. I have small guide book where all stops and food place listed. By start of the day I know already where I'm going.
When I get in the point, I give my pilgrim passport ( every pilgrim must have it to be able to live in pilgrims place for only one night. This is a rule) getting assigned my bed, going to shower first, after I'm usually washing my walking clothes. When all these important procedure done, I'm going outside to arrange my dinner and have a beer. And by the way give some exercise not under pressure to my legs.
After I arrange my dinner ( usually you have to prepaid dinner for pilgrims that they know how many people they will cook for ), I'm trying to get my nap for hour or so ( I probably must take couple lessons from Sikdar how you can well sleep during the day) and having some walk around the place. If Internet available I'm trying to call home, write some blog part, have a beer for relaxation. Dinner usually includes two courses with bottle of wine and desert and cost from 9 to 12 euro. Interesting part, that wine giving to you without asking, how water in Canada :-). I like this. Extra water cost money. Extra wine cost nothing. You just mention and you'll get another bottle of good Spanish wine.

After dinner there probably hour or do left to write blog , email, contact you ( my ) family.

And at 10 pm light is off always. Until next morning.

Today before I started to put this day on the blog, I thought for today I didn't have anything very interesting. Me and Leshek ( my new polish friend, I feel I'm lucky to have polish friends...) went to restaurant , got good dinner and I put my hand in my pocket.... And o my God ( in this place Andre should say "Yes" ). I didn't find my wallet, where were my money, my Visas, my driver license. I checked all pockets - my passport is here ( good news), iPhone is here. But no wallet. Usually I attached my wallet to my shorts by rolling line which people usually are using for identity card on work. Nothing. I remember I paid for beer before using 5 euro bill, but it is small and can be out of just pocket. I asked lady-bartender. She asked everyone around !!! Everyone start looking for my wallet ! Last chance was my bed where I had a nap. I run to place where I stated as I wasn't walk almost 40 km, and I found ( thanks God) my wallet on the bed. Probably when I had a nap it slided out of my pocket.
Anyway, how Lashek said - everything is fine if it finished fine.
And my moral from this story- don't complain about not having enough adventure, you'll find them on your a.s.

This story for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment