Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Day eight / День восьмой

Another 38.07 for 7 hours 28 minutes.
Прошел 38.07 километров за 7 часов 28 минут.

Probably I pushed myself too hard last couple of days. But I have so little choice for tomorrow - 18 km or 36 km. There is nothing between where I can stay with beer accessible, I meant food for dinner - some bar or restoran, or just simple shop.

But today I decide to get some extra comfort. Last night I didn't sleep well because somebody close to my bed snoring so loudly, that any ear plugs wouldn't help. Anyway, I have decided to get luxury bed for pilgrim. It cost twice more - 10 instead of 5 euro. But for this money I got bed only in one level ( usually there two levels bank bed ) and every bed in the room separated by half wall. There were half-luxury bed available for 7 euro. This means your bed in room for 20 people instead of fourty. But I decide I I'm gonna spent much :-) money I would go for best.

I don't believe I'm already a week walking. Time flying until to end point of the day left 5 kilometers and after just STOP!!! As a stubborn donkey.

My Canadian co-caminer Judy decided to stay 10 km before the point where I'm right now. Buen Camino Judy.

I'm finishing my dinner and one family came for dinner. Dad, mom and bloody beautiful daughter. Don't worry Ksusha - she is only three years old. But funny things was seeing her on front of her dad's bike, in helmet, and sleeping! She is doing Camino! Her head was flying from side to side, hitting bike, but she was sleeping! I look to mom, who follows them on another bike and we both smiled. It give another push to finish last 3 km.

Before I started today I must change my clothing to clothing of real pilgrim and for my backpack I got chicken ( see picture). But I like my clothing better and everything went back.

Today I left province La Rioja and stepped on land of La Castilla. And landscape has changed magically: in Rioja everywhere were vineyards and vines. In Castilla I can see wheat fields everywhere.

Tomorrow big day - I must reach Burgos which is 36 km from place where I'm now.

Только что познакомился с девушкой - ее зовут Алби. Она из Австралии и ей уже ... два с половиной года. Ей больше нравится спать у папы на велосипеде чем в отеле в кровати:-)


12 comments:

  1. Very captivating, as usual :) Beautiful photos! What I don't like with the blogger is I can't seem to find a way to get notified when a post has been updated. It seems some old ones got new info in them and there's no way to know unless you read it all again... Does anyone get notifications?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no, no notification. I believe I saw the titles highlighted in bold for the updated articles.

      Delete
    2. Are you getting notification if I add comments? If yes I can post simple comments with date of updates. Let me know.

      Delete
    3. I get notification only if I subscribe to a specific post. I guess, by subscribing to each one of them, will work. That's OK, we'll talk to you soon and will get all information out of you :)

      Delete
    4. Sounds like you are planning to torture me to get everything I know...

      Delete
    5. You read my mind, that's exactly what I was thinking :). See, you're half way to being telepathic :)

      Delete
  2. Hola Sergei! Love your stories, love the pictures. Keep your own pace and 'el Camino' will guide you.
    Estamos con usted.
    Buen Camino!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm keeping my own pace, that Judy once called me Speedy Gonsales. Speedy because of my speed on the path and Gonsales because of my Canadian hat looks like sombrero.

      Delete
  3. Today's reading reminded me one of my favorite monologs from one of my favorite movies :): "...может быть где-нибудь там, приключение, которое у нас называется Жизнь, повторяется – под тем же небом, но с другой судьбой? Может быть, всё, что здесь тяжело, там - легко... всё что здесь – мрачно, там – светло и радостно?
    Всё, что мы пытаемся сделать, и всё, что мы не сделали... наши утраченные иллюзии... наши несостоявшиеся мечты и всё, что мы любили и не смогли долюбить... словом, всё-всё... там легко и радостно... Также радостно как это могло быть и здесь – если бы люди понимали это, если бы они любили друг друга, если бы они все работали вместе." :)
    Thank you Serega! and have another wonderful Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iropa. It's vary interesting in Camino. And I don't complain about what I'm doing. All fatigue has gone by morning and I'm ready to go anywhere in the world doesn't matter how far it is. There is only one condition this place must met - there should be people I love and people whom I'm doing this for - my family.

      Delete
    2. Yes! And that's great! Especially when you see evth though another prism, not our everyday routine prism. When you meet very special "slice" of people, feel their light and encouragement. When life is simple and incentives are clear. It seems very touching sometimes, doesn't it? That's priceless experience that you please bring back and share :)

      Delete
    3. I'm trying. I'm trying to save every single moment in my memory. Good to have great technology handy, when you can say to device and it will remember until I need it. I promise I'll re-do all blog after my return, because I've made a lot of voice memory and I didn't use them at all. I promise I'll edit my blog that it will be almost same in Russian and English. That all my friend, all of you can get as much as I got from my Camino.

      Delete