Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Day sixteen / День шестнадцатый.

Прошел 29.78 км за 7 часов 23 минуты.

Total distance 29.78 km. Total time 7 hours 23 minutes.

Today all my walk was through rural area. And even I started as usual close to 8 am, sun didn't rise yet. I have to walk at least half an hour in dark. Everyday sunrise is moving in time later and later. And because you are moving in west as well, it very noticible. After Leon the mountains started to be visible in far distance. I hope I shouldn't cross them - they looks much higher than Pirenee I crossed first day. But will see - if they come up on my Camino - I have no choice, I will make it happened. Today I met another three Canadian. And you won't believe - one lady's name is Judy (number 3, very rare name as said Judy2) and Katie and her son Scott. I still wondering is Canadian second after Spaniard nation who making Camino?

I stopped in nice place, where many pilgrims painted some picture ( all staff for painting include brushes, paints. Etc. availible on the spot ) you can see on photo.

Before I get in my destination , I have to cross long bridge. This bridge was built in XIII centuries on top of original Roman bridge more than 2000years old. This is second oldest bridge in Spain. And it very nice.

As I can see from wall picture here, only 300 km left to Santiago. And another picture on the wall caught my attention - photo of Paolo Coelho, famous Brazilian writer, whose books I like.

That's it for today. See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment